We just finished this gorgeous antique “dressing table” for our client and we HAD to share it with you!
She purchased it from a local antique shop and it looked like this:
We did a color consultation and our client fell in love with the pink finish shown here:
We had our carpenter extraordinaire remove the middle tray & raise it to a proper level so our client could sit under it comfortably.
Then we got to painting! To create this look, follow these simple instructions:
- Wipe down your piece of furniture to make sure there is no oil residue
- Mix equal parts of Burgundy and Pure White Annie Sloan paint. Using a natural bristle brush, paint two light coats of your custom pink mix with the grain, allowing 40 minutes of dry time between each coat.
- Once your paint is dry (at least an hour but you can wait overnight) seal it with Annie Sloan Clear Wax. We use a wax brush and brush it on, a small section at a time, then wipe it off with a blue shop towel.
- Once the Clear Wax has been applied and wiped back, use a wax brush and lightly Black Wax a small section at a time. To remove the Black Wax in this technique, we used a 0000 Fine Steel Wool pad to buff it off (rather than the blue shop towel).
- Finish up by applying a light sweep of Tin Gilding Wax on the details.
Voila! You will have an Adult Hot Pink thing of beauty like this one.